Yes, I know, I know. If my blog were a child, it would have been taken away from me due to extreme neglect!
It would be an understatement to say that things have been crazy lately. And we are all adjusting to the major change in my job schedule. Can you say tired, with a capital T???
Instead of trying to catch up today, I'll just share some a few things about the kids with you. Yesterday, when I picked Malia up from school, her teacher told me that she really loved the worms and spent most of the day playing with them. It was raining (again) which brings out the worms, and I guess they put them in the sensory table! I've never known of a preschool to give the kids worms to play with. I LOVE that school! I told Malia's teacher that she's been playing with (and squishing) worms since she was a year old.
So, on the way home from school, Malia informed me that when she's a grown up, she's going to live with her friend, Hannah......in Hawaii! Kai then informed me that he's going to live at home when he's a grown up! ;-) We won't have to worry about missing Malia, because she told Phil that she'll visit us two times a week.
The kids are growing so fast. Kai can ride his two wheel bike pretty well now and Malia is trying very hard to learn. Kai is really taking care of himself now. Getting cereal for himself and Malia this morning, getting ready for school, doing his homework, etc. He doesn't want ANY help when he takes his showers any more (he didn't even want me to hand him his towel the other day!) and he no longer wants to take a bath with his little sister. He doesn't even complain about going to school now and he's learning to read and spell and he's really good at math (adding and subtracting).
Malia is just Malia! She's very loving and great at sharing but she still has her temper....however she doesn't seem to use it as much anymore (she mostly saves it for Mommy!). She is learning to write her letters and it really good at rhyming words and understanding what words start with the same sounds. She loves working on educational workbooks.
Well, I leave you with a few pictures from Easter. We had a great time at Wayne and Rita's, including an Easter egg hunt.
The Party of One
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment