Most of you know that we're moving but I wanted to share how the conversations went down.....
End of November:
Phil (to Me): I'm not being transferred.
Me (to Phil): I'm so sorry. I know how much this meant to you.
Everyone Else (to Me): I'm so glad you're not moving.
Me (to Everyone Else): Me too. Just don't tell Phil I said that!
At this time, I settled back into my home and my life here in Illinois. Disappointed for Phil, but happy to be staying put for now. Happy because Kiki decided to move to Chicago. Happy because Scott and his family are going to be moving much much closer to us. Happy to be staying near my brother, sister-in-law, nieces, nephews and countless cousins.
Two weeks later:
Phil (to Me, over the phone): You'd better sit down, 'cause things are changing.
Me (to Myself, as I sit down): Oh my goodness. He's been laid off. But he doesn't sound stressed.....
Me (to Phil): OKayyyy......
Phil (to Me): I'm being transferred. My boss had an "epiphany" and decided that she better move me out there.
Me (to Phil): Out where?
Me (to God): Please, not Florida.
Phil (to Me): To Ohio.
Me (to Myself): Does he mean we're all moving? (In my defense, I was in a state of shock).
I'm not really sure what we said after that. Shock, still. I called my mom and between crying and laughing (if I didn't laugh, I would have fallen apart) I somehow managed to tell her what was going on. She was just as shocked, because at one point she said, "Wait a minute. What did you say?" Yeah, I have no idea what I actually said to her but I eventually got the important information across.
Me (to Anyone Who Will Listen): I'm glad to know that Phil's boss values him so much, but couldn't she have had this "epiphany" two weeks ago?!?
So anyway, that's where we stand. We've rented a house in Columbus. The elementary school rates very high. Tons of shopping nearby and we got a family pass to the Zoo/Aquarium. And I've already found myself a knitting group. But the question begs.....
What will I call my blog???
Off to continue purging and packing. Wish me well!
The Party of One
11 years ago
1 comment:
BUMMER I can't see the pictures but I am so happy that you are settling into the idea of a new home. It will be an exciting adventure. So if we rename the blog will you promise to start to update more!?! I was tickled pink to see your blog finally roll up on my side roll!!!!! You guys have a great time anywhere you go and this will be one for the books!! :)
Post a Comment