....To school, that is.
Today is the first day of school. I can't believe that Kai is in second grade and Malia is in first. For the first time, they are both in full time school. I thought this phase of life would be hard for me, but I have to admit that I'm pretty excited about having a little time for myself again. After nearly 9 years of pregnancy, infants, toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners, I finally have a little bit of freedom again.
Here they are, waiting at the bus stop:
| I have no idea why Malia is making such a silly face! |
| Our friends, Elise and Adam |
| Daddy, waiting in the shade (with his phone, of course!) |
And waiting to go into school:
| This is the 4th year that Kai and Jaclyn will be in the same class |
| Malia and her friend, Jory |
So the question begs......What do I do now? The house needs some serious cleaning and I have a ton of projects to work on. I haven't actually read a book in months or wandered around a store with no time limits and no one wanting to "go home now." Wait! I think I hear my knitting bag calling me.....Gotta run!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!!! They are off and running. I am counting the days down here. I may only have three days a week to myself but I can't wait. Two weeks to go!! Lets see clean your house then you can fully enjoy every moment of knitting and maybe listening to a book on tape, while sipping a yummy coffee you picked up, while roaming the stores. Come on you have taken two kids with you everywhere I so can picture a mom doing this!! :) Enjoy your time today. Soak up every minute because you deserve it!! I am so happy to see a new post of the kiddos!! They are getting to big. I cannot wait to see you guys in October!! :)
Post a Comment