Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Sad Update

I am sad to say that Jay's condition has only worsened. His family has made the very difficult, but very loving, decision to let him leave this world and go be with God. Two things I know for certain about Jay: He has a thing for birthdays (I think he knew the birthday of every person he ever met!) and he LOVES God. The family believes that, due to Jay's faith in God and his independent nature, he would not want to live hooked up to machines and not knowing those around him. If you want to know the details, or want to leave a message for the family, please click here. They will be having a service, and saying their final goodbyes, tonight around 9 PM PST.

Thank you for your prayers for Jay and for my family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drove up this morning to see Vic and Julie, however I opted not to see Jay in his state.

it's a little surreal when you know someone is on the brink of eternity, and they really shouldn't be there in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this sad time. The only think that keeps one going is the knowledge that he is with God and one day we shall all be together again, as we should be. With much love- Jennifer & Brian Haessly