Thursday, May 14, 2009

Procratinated Project Progress

Well, the Procrastinators' Party officially ended today. And, no, I didn't finish my coffee table. I did get a lot done, but unfortunately, we've had even more adventures (or should I say, misadventures) since my last few posts. Let's just say it's been a rough two weeks, but I'll update on all of that later.

For now, here is the progress I've made so far. If all goes well, I should be able to finish in the next day or two.
Remember what the coffee table looked like when I started?


Well, it has been sanded, filled, sanded again, primed and the painting is almost finished (just two legs to go).


I started distressing it a little bit, just to give you an idea of where I'm going with it. When I'm done distressing, I'll rub in some stain to give it that aged look. Wish me luck!

A big thank you to Melissa for getting me motivated to get started! You're a doll!

12 comments:

Kiki said...

Has anyone told you lately that you have the cutest kids ever? And what happened to the other 5 mice??

Amber said...

This is great so far and so different from how it started, I like it much better. My project has some issues also (staples and fabric). I worked on it from the beginning but I have no idea where the painted burlap went so I now need a new plan. This will be so nice for your family.

Nicole A. said...

It is going to look Awesome! I love that table! I can't wait to see it finished!

Chubby Chieque said...

This is awesome!

You do rock, girl! What a transformation!!!

Cheers!

Sharon said...

My next project is a table re-do! Great job!!

june@craftyniche said...

Looks great!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

The table is looking great. It will look fabulous when it is completely done. It seems that a lot of us didn't get completely done with our projects. I'm glad to hear that Melissa will be having these parties every few months now. So hopefully we can get these projects done by the next one & hopefully get another one done as well.

the pleasures of homemaking said...

You're practically done! It's looking really good! Love it white!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the progress you are making!! It is going to look AMAZING when you are all done!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Wow, what a difference!!! Great job!

Thank you so much for joining in the party and inspiring me by your project!

blessings!

Sara said...

Ok, Rita--I just spent like 30 minutes reading through the last like 10 posts!! I've got you on my google reader now, but I didn't before-I would just check back. You didn't post for so long, I sort of forget (grin!). I do the same thing! But wow, I am all caught up, and you guys have dealt with some tough stuff!
I love the procrastinator party idea--I should have joined in! (grin) Your coffee table looks great!! The shape actually looks just like mine-and I painted it white--although I didn't distress it. I did do my dining room table and chairs black with distressed and stain. Now I'm thinking I want one of them white (either the table or the chairs). Probably the chairs. I just don't want to start....

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Oh you are almost there...it's like labor: one last push and it will be all done. Looking good!