Friday, July 17, 2009

A Day For Fun

Today is going to be a cool day. It's not even supposed to hit 70 degrees. There's a bit of a breeze...just enough to keep things fresh. It occurred to me that Summer is half over. The kids start swim lessons next week. They're signed up for two sessions but if they take a third session like they did last year, then school will start the day after they finish swim.

Today we're just going to have fun. No worrying about laundry, sorting through papers or other chores. Malia has been wanting to go on a picnic in the worst way. We even got a beautiful picnic basket at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I think we'll make a picnic lunch and go to a park....or two....or three. Maybe we'll practice T-ball....or frisbee....or riding bikes. Maybe we'll read books or lie on the ground and look at the clouds. We'll just have to see where the day takes us.

Guess we better start by going to the store....we don't have any bread to make sandwiches for our picnic!

I'll leave you with a few fun pictures I took of the kids the night Malia found the toad. I was just lying in the grass taking random pictures of them running around. Hope you enjoy them!

5 comments:

Kiki said...

How fun! I can't wait to be there with you guys! If it's not TOO crazy hot, I want to do a picnic too!

Mama & Baby E. said...

What a bunch of cutie pies! Good thing his zipper was up in that pic!

Momof2hapas said...

Kiki, We'll definitely do a picnic while you're here. Wait 'til you see the pics of what they did on the picnic. You're in for a lot of fun! ;-)

Momof2hapas said...

Mama, How funny that you noticed Kai's zipper! By the way, my cutie pies want you and your cutie pies to come over and play soon!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to see a picture of the toad Malia found...
Victor