......it's the broken air conditioner!
Our A/C has been having some serious issues. I turned it on and it hummed away. Cool air even came out.....but not much. Two hours after turning on the air, the house had gone UP several degrees! So, I call home warranty and they eventually sent someone out. And he replaced the coil because it was leaking freon. But, what do you know? This wasn't covered and that wasn't covered, so on top of the $100.00 deductible, we had to pay another $250.00! And we have to dispose of the old coil ourselves.
But, at least we had air again, right? Wrong! That very night, the fan had trouble starting up and the lights dimmed when it finally did go on. Called the A/C guy back out and he returned three days later to "fix" the problem by putting a "hard start" on our compressor. The next day, the fan started making loud noises and the next day, it wouldn't start at all. And surprise, surprise, the A/C guy didn't call me back.
So I called home warranty back and they sent someone else out who said the motor was burned out. That will be another $100.00 please because now it's a new claim. Are they kidding me??? The fan was working fine all winter and all the way up until the day the first guy replaced the coil and I'm supposed to believe it's just a coincidence??? All the guy from home warranty can say is that it's a new claim so we have to pay again. As far as I'm concerned, it's the same claim, they just gave it a new number (that was their idea, not mine!). Now I'm waiting (still) for a supervisor to call me back so we can discuss this. Advice anyone?
And of course, we've been having a heat wave. Temps in the 90s with one million% humidity. Nothing like sweating while sitting on your couch doing nothing. Before the coil was replaced, at least I could run the fan. To top it off we had a few storms so I could only have the windows cracked to let in the hot humid air and rain.
Well, at least it's fixed.....for now anyway. Wish me luck convincing home warranty that I've already paid them enough!
Edited to add:
Of course, now that the A/C is fixed, it's only going to be in the 60s for the next two days. Figures.....*sigh*
The Party of One
11 years ago
4 comments:
ugh!! nothing worse than dealing with warranty stuff. Ok. dealing with warranty stuff in the HEAT! Just talk to as high up as you can go supervisor. And DOCUMENT every conversation!! We had to do some stuff a while back, too with our microwave.
And we're dealing with it now, on a refi. I feel like screaming sometimes. sigh.
Um... can we make sure that is all 100% fixed before my trip in August? If not, I'm staying home.
Haha- just kidding!
Ah man what is the deal you are right it is the same claim, that AC guy screwed up!! I say kick and scream until they give in. You the problem was never fully fixed, so it is the SAME claim!! I am so sorry want to come to cali, we are not having a heatwave!! :)
Two words: Rip Off!!! Of course is the same claim!!!!
Post a Comment