Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Seriously???

On Saturday, Aug. 16th, we had some family over for dinner and to visit with Kiki. After our guests left, I started the dishwasher, listened to the water fill and then......nothing. So I called my good friends over at Home Warranty (HAH! If you don't know why I said that, take a look at this post). No one was able to come out until Friday the 21st! To make it worse, we had more family come over on Saturday for dinner and despite using paper goods wherever possible, there was still a ton of dishes to hand wash. I couldn't even use the dishwasher as a drying rack because the inside was dirty from the dishes I had loaded in the night before.

The very nice repair guy came out and said he had to order a new motor. At least he was kind enough to schedule my follow-up appointment right away so I wouldn't have to wait even longer. So I went out and bought a dish tub and settled in to hand washing the dishes.

Then.....the metal that wraps around the goose-neck faucet started to separate. This actually started before the dishwasher incident but it got much worse after. I knew what was coming next and guess what happened tonight??? You got it.....the metal punctured a hole in the rubber hose and it sprang a water leak! So now I have no dishwasher and no faucet! Really, this is a true story. I could never make something like this up.

Off to figure out a way to patch the faucet together until we can get that replaced. Looks like we'll be eating out for the next few days.

Wish me luck.......

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Phil found a snake tonight while mowing the lawn. Good thing he found it
before the lawn mower did! He had a ton of fun trying to pick it up and toss it in the garden while the snake was striking at him. Seriously, if you know Phil, you know he was having fun! Too bad I didn't get any pictures. Yet another adventure in the land of cornfields........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok...let me get this right...

You can't eat in because the machine that washes the dishes is on strike, and the device that dispenses water is broked.

It may be time for Phil to "Man-up" and replace the faucet. if he can snake charm, he can replace a the spigot.

Cousinly Advice: Why not have snake for dinner? you can serve it up on Chinette. That'll make an impression.