Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The End of Summer

Well, Malia goes back to school tomorrow. She'll be a Senior this year and going to school three days a week and Kai starts half day Kindergarten on Thursday. Where has the Summer gone??? We had such a relaxing, fun season, playing at parks, having dinners with our extended family, visiting with all of the grandparents, and going to swim lessons.

This is the first time that the end of Summer has really meant something to me as a mom. Kai is really going off to school....without me. I won't be there to go on field trips with him or have my day to be the visiting mom in his classroom. And because of the change in my work schedule, three afternoons a week, I'll be on my own....of course between waiting for the bus to pick Kai up, dropping Malia off at school, waiting for the bus to drop Kai off and picking Malia up from school, I won't really have time to get much done!

Oh, and I haven't even mentioned homework. I didn't even have homework when I was in Kindergarten!

I think I'd better go now.....I sent the kids up to clean up their rooms and they decided to clean their bathroom instead. They don't have any paper towels or rags up there so I have no idea what they're doing! They seem to be having a lot of fun, though. Hmmmmm......

No comments: